About the job
Aura Brand Solutions is one of Europe's leading commercial graphics and visual communications companies. We provide branding and image management services. We have been delivering branding, graphics and signage projects for over 65 years.
Our experience, quality and expertise are only half of the story. It's the other bits that set us further apart. We care about the work we do and how we do it. Our values of Teamwork, Trust, Passion, Deliver and Innovation are at the core of everything we do.
We are currently recruiting a Health and Safety Manager. The Health and Safety Manager is responsible for maintaining minimum standards of health and safety in order to ensure that minimum standards of safety as identified by the company and regulators are complied with.
The role can be home-based but must be within a commutable distance to our Stoke office one to two times per week.
- Review and/or develop minimum health and safety standards for compliance by members of staff.
- Responsible for engaging members of staff in periodic training to update them on their roles in the maintenance of minimum standards of safety.
- Report to management the existence of an emergency and investigate the cause of such emergency and keep a record of all emergencies, near-misses, and critical situations for appropriate reviews. In doing this, it is hoped you will reduce the risk(s) of the occurrence of emergencies on the company and clients’ premises.
- By operating largely from the field, you will provide support to the Installations teams, Internal Sales teams, field-based Sales, and customers.
- Monitor existing and incoming legislation and regulations on health and ensure that the company complies with their requirements.
- As Health and Safety Manager, your role also involves assessing and analysing the risk(s) associated with particular work schedule(s).
- You will ensure that the company’s policy on health and safety does not just end as mere policies but that they are complied with at every point in time.
- Develop and agree strategic plans for Health and Safety and related activities that meet the current and future needs of the business.
- Drive safety cultural change, leadership initiatives and improvement across the business.
Borne out of delivering all H&S accountabilities and therefore covers the spectrum of the H&S remit.
- Ensure you are aware of and comply with all data protection policies of the organisation relevant to your business role.
- Report any actual or potential security breaches.
- Contribute to data protection impact assessment where required.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Responsive to the needs of the team and the business, you strive for excellence in your work and deliver solutions to problems that will help us to exceed the expectations of our customers every day.
- You’re open and honest, able to learn from your mistakes and be a member of the team that we can all rely on.
- You’re curious, leading you to ask questions and think creatively; looking for new ways to deliver our services and helping us to continually evolve.
- You value team working, taking enjoyment from listening, sharing and collaborating with others across the business.
- You will have a minimum of three years experience in a similar role.
- Formal Health & Safety qualifications are essential (NEBOSH certificate or equivalent).
- Full driving licence.
- Fully conversant in health and safety legislation.
- Experience in a similar health and safety role.
What we can offer
- Competitive salary
- Onsite parking
- Employee Assistance Scheme with BUPA
- Generous annual holiday allowance (with an extra day under the employee volunteering scheme)
- Cycle to work scheme
Posted: 30 May 2022 | Applications Close: