About the job
Aura Brand Solutions is one of Europe's leading commercial graphics and visual communications companies. We provide branding and image management services. We have been delivering branding, graphics and signage projects for over 65 years.
Our experience, quality and expertise are only half of the story. It's the other bits that set us further apart. We care about the work we do and how we do it. Our values of Teamwork, Trust, Passion, Deliver and Innovation are at the core of everything we do.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced IT Support Technician to be based at our Lowestoft offices. We are open to a hybrid arrangement with ideally 3 days onsite and 2 days from home. This is a dynamic role centred around providing 1st and 2nd line IT support to our users with ample opportunity to contribute to systems and process improvement and development across the business. The role is a combination of on-site and remote support and also entails a variety of wider IT project implementation.
- Providing technical support to the business, you’ll monitor the IT Service Desk, prioritising and managing multiple incidents, requests and projects at the same time.
- You’ll provide local and remote support sessions to help set up systems or resolve issues by troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- You’ll identify the need and develop plans to support user training and introduce user guides.
- You’ll monitor and maintain computer networks and telephony systems and hardware including their configuration.
- You’ll provide support, including creation of procedural documentation and relevant reports and testing, along with the maintenance of the IT asset register and associated systems.
- You’ll promote IT security best practice throughout the business, assist in the investigation of security alerts and provide incident response.
- Supporting our Digital Transformation plans, you’ll evaluate new technology, when required, and support the roll-out of new applications, processes and systems.
- Self-motivated with a passion for great customer service.
- Organised and structured in approach with the ability to prioritise.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to convey technical information and solutions effectively to diverse audiences.
- Excellent attention to detail, and retention and recording of information.
- The ability to work well in a team and individually.
Desirable system knowledge:
- Windows Server environments
- Hyper-V Virtualisation environments
- Infrastructure hardware configuration & administration
- Active Directory/Entra ID & Group Policy management
- Windows 10/11 configuration and management
- macOS & iOS configuration
- Mail protection & web filtering
- Backup technologies (Veeam, Druva, etc.)
- Basic SQL commands
- PowerShell scripting
- DNS, DHCP and network management
- Office 365 Administration & Client Applications
- Mobile Device Management
- VOIP Phones (Mitel preferable)
- IIS and Linux stack knowledge
- Website dev knowledge – PHP, HTML, CSS, .Net
- Cyber security principles
- Interest and knowledge of business process improvement & data analysis beneficial for onward progression.
Qualifications & Experience Prerequisites
- You should have at least one recognised qualification in IT Services - ITIL 4 Foundation preferred.
- You will have had experience working in an IT helpdesk environment for a minimum of 2-3 years.
- Valid UK Driving Licence required.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Ongoing support and training
- Flexible working/Hybrid working arrangements available
- Free onsite parking at all our office locations
- Fun and friendly working atmosphere
- Contributory pension scheme
- Aura Rewards – our Employee Discount Scheme with over 800 retailers
- Free fruit onsite and numerous healthy living initiatives
- Generous annual leave plus 1 extra day for volunteering
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Company Events (Summer and End of Year social functions)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free annual flu jabs & eye tests
Posted: 22 January 2024 | Applications Close: